Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Last Holiday Concert by Andrew Clements

Andrew Clements is one my favorite authors. He won me over for his work with 'Frindle' and 'Lunch Money' and also 'No Talking'. His books are entertaining and present life at school if the kids made all the rules. 'The Last Holiday Concert' goes beyond that. It is chaotic and you can't put it down. It is about the most popular kid in school. When he shoots a rubber band at his teacher, the teacher leaves it up to the students to plan the upcoming holiday concert. This book is great for children ages 8-11, or for anyone like me who enjoys Andrew Clements. If you enjoyed this book you should also read 'Frindle,' 'Lunch Money,' and 'No Talking.' One of the things I liked was that the book had a good story. Overall for me, the book hooked me for a while but it was just okay otherwise. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment