Thursday, April 19, 2012

Author: Wendy Mass

Mass is an author who goes above and beyond in the world of fiction. 'The Candymakers' was what got me first interested in her as she spun a sugary, sweet tale that taught me not to judge a book by its cover.  It promised to be a delicious and mouth-watering tale (which it was) but was also a mystery where everything interlocked so well that it made you have an 'Aha!' moment.

Her next book, which I read, reached stellar heights. 'Every Soul a Star' was a tale of astronomical proportions that you just couldn't put down. Many friends have recommended that I also read her book: '11 Birthdays.'  I recommend this author to anyone who enjoys bright, vivacious books about stars, cake, and candy. Sidney

1 comment:

  1. I sooo love the Candy Makers! it was a bit daunting as that it is a long book, but I do love how the story is told from each of the four contestants perspective. Each character brings their own version of the story to the reader.

    ReplyDelete