Friday, April 27, 2012

Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters by Lesley M. M. Blume

This book is about a girl named Cornelia who has an extensive vocabulary. She is the daughter of two famous pianists and she is always compared by others to her parents. One day she meets her new neighbor who has traveled all around the world with her sisters. Cornelia becomes entranced with her neighbor and her sister's amazing adventures. They become great friends. This is an amazing story for children ages 8-14. Definitions are included in the book. Some things I liked about the book was that the character's personalities were very emphasized and the author's voice was very apparent in the story. The characters were over the top and their adventures very entertaining. Some of the things I didn't like were that it all seemed like most of it was sitting and waiting. I found myself skipping some of the adventures to find where the more interesting ones were. I was disappointed to find that there weren't any. Over all just an okay book. I would give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment