Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko

This is a touching story about a boy who's family moves to Alcatraz so his sister, who is diagnosed with autism, can go to a special school. This is in time where Al Capone is on Alcatraz and they haven't quite figured out what autism is. So the story takes place in the 1920s or 30s. It is a very good book which I would reccomend to children ages 9-12. Some things I liked in this story were that it really pulled at your heart strings. It made you laugh, it made you cry, and on certain occasions it made you yell at the wall about how this boy's life isn't fair.I have no complaints for this book. 5 out of 5 stars. If you like this book, I would reccomend the next book in the series, 'Al Capone Shines My Shoes' by Gennifer Choldenko.

No comments:

Post a Comment